1/1 Photo of Grilled Sweet Onions
Doris Barrick's Note:
This tastes great and is easy to prepare. It came from the Better Homes and Garden web-site.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel onions.
- 2Cut, not quite through each onion making 8 sections.
- 3Cut 4 pieces of heavy duty foil into 24"x18" pieces.
- 4Fold each in 1/2 crosswise.
- 5Cut to make 12" squares.
- 6Place one onion in the middle of each square.
- 8together margarine or butter,mustard and hot pepper.
- 9Drizzle this over onions.
- 10Sprinkle each onion with the brown sugar.
- 11Bring up two opposite edges of each square and seal with double fold.
- 12Fold remaining two sides to enclose onion leaving room for steam to build.
- 13Cook over medium heat on a grill with a drip pan under the foil packets.
- 14Cover and grill for 25 minutes or until onions are tender.
- 15Cut a 2" opening in the top of each packet, cover and grill for 10 minutes more or until onions are lightly browned.
- 16Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- 17I'm sure this could also be bake in the oven on 350 degrees for the same time as grilling.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sweet Onions
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.5
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g