Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These onions are very good. This makes a nice light meal with a salad and bread. If you love onions, you should love these! Recipe is from Simple and Delicious.
- 4 large sweet onions
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons white wine (optional) or 4 teaspoons beef broth (optional)
- With a sharp knife, carefully remove a 1-inch core from the center of each onion.
- Cut each onion into four wedges to within 1/2 inch of root end.
- Place each onion on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in square).
- Place bouillon in the centers of onions; top with butter, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with wine or broth if desired.
- Fold foil around onions and seal tightly.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat.
- Grill onions, covered, over indirect medium heat for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
I did these in the oven instead of on the grill. My family realy liked them. We WILL fix them again