Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
I love grilling tomatoes and serving along side a nice steak or grilled chicken. This reminds me of summer. Prep time includes chill time.
- 6 medium tomatoes, peeled
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried dried herbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Sprinkle tomatoes lightly with salt.
- Place whole tomatoes and sliced cucumbers in a large bowl.
- Combine salad oil, white wine, white wine vinegar, chives, parsley, sugar, salad herbs and pepper in a screw top jar.
- Cover and shake vigorously.
- Pour over veggies.
- Cover and chill several hours or over night.
- Turn tomatoes once or twice.
- Remove tomatoes from the marinade.
- Wrap each tomato in a piece of heavy duty foil.
- Grill over med heat until heated through, about 20 minutes, turning once.
- Drain cucumbers, reserving marinade to store leftovers inches.
- Serve cucumbers on top of tomatoes.