1/3 Photos of Grilled Sweet Chilli Chicken
This can be served as finger food by itself, or serve each piece of chicken alongwith the garnish in individual crisp lettuce cups. Cooking time indicated includes marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 fresh red chile, finely chopped (seeded if you wish)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1You will need flat metal skewers or if using wooden skewers, then soak them in water for atleast 20 minutes to stop them from burning.
- 2Cut each breast leangthwise into 3 strips.
- 3Combine chilli, garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce and lime juice in a bowl and reserve 4 tbsp of this mixture in another bowl.
- 4Add chicken to remaining mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (you can marinate for upto 2 hours in advance).
- 6Pre-heat the grill to medium-hot for indoor grilling, or for outdoor grilling over medium-hot coals.
- 7Thread 2-3 chicken strips onto each skewer.
- 8Grill the chicken pieces turning every 2 minutes and basting until cooked through, for about 10 minutes.
- 9Drizzle over the reserved sweet chilli mixture and sprinkle with chopped spring onion, chilli, mint and coriander leaves and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Sweet Chilli Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.8
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 583.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 28.9 g