Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
This can be served as finger food by itself, or serve each piece of chicken alongwith the garnish in individual crisp lettuce cups. Cooking time indicated includes marinating time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 fresh red chile, finely chopped (seeded if you wish)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 spring onion, diagonally and thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need flat metal skewers or if using wooden skewers, then soak them in water for atleast 20 minutes to stop them from burning.
- Cut each breast leangthwise into 3 strips.
- Combine chilli, garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce and lime juice in a bowl and reserve 4 tbsp of this mixture in another bowl.
- Add chicken to remaining mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (you can marinate for upto 2 hours in advance).
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-hot for indoor grilling, or for outdoor grilling over medium-hot coals.
- Thread 2-3 chicken strips onto each skewer.
- Grill the chicken pieces turning every 2 minutes and basting until cooked through, for about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle over the reserved sweet chilli mixture and sprinkle with chopped spring onion, chilli, mint and coriander leaves and serve hot.