This can be served as finger food by itself, or serve each piece of chicken alongwith the garnish in individual crisp lettuce cups. Cooking time indicated includes marinating time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 fresh red chile, finely chopped (seeded if you wish)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 spring onion, diagonally and thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chile, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, leaves
- You will need flat metal skewers or if using wooden skewers, then soak them in water for atleast 20 minutes to stop them from burning.
- Cut each breast leangthwise into 3 strips.
- Combine chilli, garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce and lime juice in a bowl and reserve 4 tbsp of this mixture in another bowl.
- Add chicken to remaining mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (you can marinate for upto 2 hours in advance).
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-hot for indoor grilling, or for outdoor grilling over medium-hot coals.
- Thread 2-3 chicken strips onto each skewer.
- Grill the chicken pieces turning every 2 minutes and basting until cooked through, for about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle over the reserved sweet chilli mixture and sprinkle with chopped spring onion, chilli, mint and coriander leaves and serve hot.
Here is an excellent recipe that made our tastebuds say "WOW"!
Wonderful flavor! Very well rounded with not too much spiciness but enough to taste it. I even made some extra of the marinade slightly watered down to spoon over the yellow rice I served it with. I did not have skewers so I just cut it up in about 2x2 inch squares-just so that it wouldn't fall through the grates of the grill. Very good recipe, and definitely a keeper! Thank you Aaliyah&Aaron's Mum!
Another WOW from Aaliyah and Aaron's mom ! Amazing how recipes a half a world away make for awesome here in Saskatchewan. Made this for one of our holiday appetizers - not only is this recipe added to my appetizer cookbook - it's in my main dish as well - this recipe is sure to make for a great main dish using the whole chicken breasts. At our house you just can't have too many recipes for those chicken breasts! Yes- this is an awesomely good recipe! Having a fresh chili pepper on hand I used both the red chili pepper and the green onion for garnish. Thank you for sharing - know I will be working my way through those recipes of yours!!