Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple grill recipe, different from other traditional grill meals. From Betty Crocker I think (someone passed it along to me).
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 small onion, cut into small wedges
- 1⁄2 cup chow mein noodles (optional)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
- On one side of each foil piece, place 1 chicken breast. Top each with 1 tablespoon sweet-and-sour sauce and one-fourth of the pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Top with remaining sauce.
- Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for heat expansion.
- When grill is heated, place packets on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- Place packets on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil. Top with chow mein noodles if desired.
*Reviewed for ZWT6 Whine and Cheese Gang* 5 stars from all of my family for this recipe. We used recipe#295447 for the sauce and served with recipe#22910. This was such an easy grilling chicken dish. THe chicken was beautiful and moist and the veges cooked to perfection. Definitely a recipe that we will use again. My daughters both loved this recipe- really a kid pleaser. Photos to be posted
I absolutely loved this meal! It was so simple and so YUMMY! Instead of doing it on the grill I baked them (still in the aluminum foil wraps) for about 30 minutes at 350. The sweet & sour sauce was a little runny after it was done baking, but I didn't mind because it made the chicken so moist. I put mine on brown rice and added the chow mein noodles on top. It was perfect and will definitely become a regular meal.
Fabulously MOIST chicken dinner! The whole meal was fantastic. The sweet and sour sauce was not overpowering at all and just added a nice touch of flavor to the chicken and the addition of onions, pepper (I used an orange pepper) and pineapple was a plus! I loved that there was no cleanup - just toss and go! Tagged for BBQ & Grilling Photo Event July 2008. This will be a staple grilling recipe for our family! Thanks for sharing!