A simple grill recipe, different from other traditional grill meals. From Betty Crocker I think (someone passed it along to me).
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut four 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil; spray with cooking spray.
- On one side of each foil piece, place 1 chicken breast. Top each with 1 tablespoon sweet-and-sour sauce and one-fourth of the pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Top with remaining sauce.
- Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for heat expansion.
- When grill is heated, place packets on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 10 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
- Place packets on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil. Top with chow mein noodles if desired.
*Reviewed for ZWT6 Whine and Cheese Gang* 5 stars from all of my family for this recipe. We used Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce for the sauce and served with Quick Chinese Fried Rice. This was such an easy grilling chicken dish. THe chicken was beautiful and moist and the veges cooked to perfection. Definitely a recipe that we will use again. My daughters both loved this recipe- really a kid pleaser. Photos to be posted
I absolutely loved this meal! It was so simple and so YUMMY! Instead of doing it on the grill I baked them (still in the aluminum foil wraps) for about 30 minutes at 350. The sweet & sour sauce was a little runny after it was done baking, but I didn't mind because it made the chicken so moist. I put mine on brown rice and added the chow mein noodles on top. It was perfect and will definitely become a regular meal.
Fabulously MOIST chicken dinner! The whole meal was fantastic. The sweet and sour sauce was not overpowering at all and just added a nice touch of flavor to the chicken and the addition of onions, pepper (I used an orange pepper) and pineapple was a plus! I loved that there was no cleanup - just toss and go! Tagged for BBQ & Grilling Photo Event July 2008. This will be a staple grilling recipe for our family! Thanks for sharing!