Recipe by Karen From Colorado
This is great on the grill or out of the oven. No pans to wash and an easy meal for those days when it is too hot to cook inside.
Top Review by CulinaryQueen
I used legs and thighs on this and baked in oven at 400F for about 45-50 minutes. Did not use the cornstarch. I used fresh pineapple and only had a yellow bell pepper. Tasted really nice. Next time, I would open the foil towards the end of cooking so the chicken would brown a bit as the skin was kind of mushy. I did serve this with rice. Will try again with the boneless chicken. Thanks Karen!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup drained pineapple chunk
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- hot cooked rice (optional)
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear off enough foil to hold all the ingredients, or enough to make 2 separate packages.
- Prepare foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in the center of half the foil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place bell peppers and onions on top of the the chicken.
- Top with pineapple chunks.
- Combine marmalade, vinegar, cornstarch and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil packets, leaving head space for heat circulation.
- Grill over medium high coals for about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- Or bake in a 450 degree oven for 16 to 18 minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice if desired.