From Bon Appetit, June 2001. Times do not include 1 hour 'sitting' time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large shallots, quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- New York strip steak (each about 3/4 inch thick)
- 3 uncooked lobster tails, thawed if frozen, cut lengthwise in half (10-ounces each)
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients in processor and blend until almost smooth.
- 2Spread 1 heaping teaspoon seasoned butter over each side of each steak and over each lobster half.
- 3Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- 4Transfer remaining seasoned butter to small saucepan.
- 5Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- 6Set pan with butter at edge of barbecue until butter is melted and warmed through.
- 7Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side.
- 8Grill lobster, shell side down, 5 minutes.
- 9Turn over and grill until meat is just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- 10Transfer steaks and lobster to plates.
- 11Serve with warm seasoned butter.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Surf-And-Turf With Spicy Garlic-Shallot Butter
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 524.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: