Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Bon Appetit, June 2001. Times do not include 1 hour 'sitting' time.
Make and share this Grilled Surf-And-Turf With Spicy Garlic-Shallot Butter recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 large shallots, quartered
- 4 large garlic cloves, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- New York strip steak (each about 3/4 inch thick)
- 3 uncooked lobster tails, thawed if frozen, cut lengthwise in half (10-ounces each)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Spread 1 heaping teaspoon seasoned butter over each side of each steak and over each lobster half.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Transfer remaining seasoned butter to small saucepan.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Set pan with butter at edge of barbecue until butter is melted and warmed through.
- Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side.
- Grill lobster, shell side down, 5 minutes.
- Turn over and grill until meat is just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer steaks and lobster to plates.
- Serve with warm seasoned butter.