Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
If using bamboo rather than metal skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using. Personally, I'm partial to Miss Annie's Texas Ranch Dressing, but use bottled if you like. The first ingredient should read "steak tips, cut into, etc." not "steak, tips cut into . . ."
- 8 ounces sirloin steaks, tips cut into 1-inch squares
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, cut into strips
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut in wedges
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- Toss steak tips with 2 Tbs oil and thread onto skewers.
- Toss shrimp with 2 Tbs oil and thread onto separate skewers from the beef.
- Discard any excess oil.
- Sprinkle skewers lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grill beef to your desired doneness.
- Grill shrimp until opaque (about 3 minutes, turning once).
- Place greens in a serving dish or on individual plates.
- Toss beef and shrimp with vegetables and place on the bed of greens.
- Drizzle ranch dressing over the top.