Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice summer meal, with a salad and a glass of white wine.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium summer squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Cut the ends off the squashes. Cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Combine the olive oil, garlic and shallot, 1 tbls. basil and black pepper. Pour over the squash to coat. Cover and marinate about 1 hour.
- Cream together the butter, remaining basil, pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Place the vegetables in a grilling basket, or thread onto skewers. Grill over medium-hot coals (or preheated gas grill) 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain the pasta and put back into the hot pan. Add the basil butter and vegetables, removing the skewers if used. Stir in the Parmesan and parsley. Serve immediately.
This was an easy, tasty way to use up some squash. We enjoyed this recipe for lunch today. We used the grill basket, which worked well. The only modification we made was to substitute linguine for fettucine. Thanks for posting.
This was absolutely wonderful. My squash and zucchini is just coming in the garden and I grilled both together to make this dish. Love the marinade...especially the garlic. Since I have everything growing in the garden I will make this dish again and again. Thanks! Made for ZWT7.
Oh, Mikekey, that's truly a lovely dish. I hate I had to make one deviation - no parsley (store was out). But the basil, the grilled squash, the parm - heaven in a pasta bowl. This will definitely be devoured this and future summers.