Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This grilled squash recipe is a little different in that you don't have to slice up your squash prior to grilling, it still cooks up great. Plus it seems to be much easier.
- 4 summer squash (1 1/2 to 2 pounds give or take)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- chopped fresh parsley
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the grill w/all burners on high for 10 minutes (lid down).
- Wash the squash, pat down dry. Trim the tops and bottoms, then rub olive oil over them.
- Once the gill is hot, turn off the center burner, turn the other burners to medium. Put the whole squash over the center burner, close the lid and cook until easily pierced with the tip of a sharp knife/fork. Depending on the size of the squash, this will take approximately 12-20 minutes.
- Turn the squash as needed.
- Transfer the squash to a cutting board, slice, then toss with the parsley, salt and pepper.
This was really good, I had some small zucchini, yellow crookneck and some itty bitty eggplants that a neighbor had given me. Cooked on gas grill as directed. The only thing, I didn't have fresh parsley so omitted that and added small amount of butter with the salt and pepper after cutting open. We ate these like you would a baked potato. So easy and so yummy. It was just a little bit of heaven for me. Thank you for such and easy wonderful way to cook summer squash.