Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Gourmet Magazine. You grill the squash and zucchini and then toss it with a mustard vinaigrette.
- 6 yellow squash or 6 zucchini
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Prepare gill for indirect-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal.
- Trim squash and/or zucchini and halve lengthwise, then toss with salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl.
- Oil grill rack, then grill vegetables directly over hottest part of coals, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, until grill marks appear, about 6 minutes total. Move vegetables to area of grill with no coals underneath and grill, covered, until tender, about 4 minutes more. Transfer to a platter.
- While vegetables are grilling, whisk together lemon juice, mustard, sugar and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Pour dressing evenly over vegetables before serving.