Recipe by Vino Girl
This is so simple and so good. I make this on an indoor grill, but it can be made on an outside grill or in a stovetop grill pan. This is adapted from a recipe in Everyday Food Magazine (#3), and the original recipe is pasta and cheese-less and also includes grilled chicken. Sometimes I also make it that way.
Top Review by LaurietheLibrarian
This was yummy. I used fresh rosemary, garlic, sea salt, and evoo on slices of red onion, yellow summer squash and zucchini. I grilled some chicken as the same time. Chopped up the grilled items and tossed it with ziti, fresh basil, lemon juice, evoo, and some pepper and salt. We ate it right away and it was delicious! I look forward to trying it cold tomorrow for lunch.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 small yellow squash or 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 3 medium tomatoes, halved
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package, drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine squash, tomatoes, oil, garlic, salt, basil, and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Heat up grill (medium-high heat if you have temperature control, mine has just the one temperature setting).
- Grill the vegetables 3-5 minutes per side until they are slightly softened and browned (it takes more like 20 minutes total in my grill, so you may really need to experiment with cooking times).
- Remove from grill and allow to cool enough for you to handle.
- Cut the veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss pasta and vegetables together in a large serving bowl.
- Top with cheese.