Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
We were having a grilled dinner using up some chicken, beef, & pork I had in the freezer to free up space for Thanksgiving and came up with this recipe for summer squash. Very simple and tasty.
- Preheat Grill.
- Arrange veggies on a piece of aluminum foil large enought to form a packet.
- Sprinkle pepper, garlic powder,& salt over veggies.
- Slice butter into desired pieces and place on top of veggies.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Seal packet leaving enough room for veggies to steam.
- Place on grill for approximately 20 minutes or until veggies are soft and flip packet as necessary for even cooking.
i served this as a side with fish cakes and it was delicious enough not to be outdone by the main dish. i had a liberal hand with the pepper and loved the butter in this. i much prefer this to sauteed, a bonus being that this way is much less attention-consuming. thanks for posting.