Recipe by Barb G.
This recipe can also be made indoors using a grill pan. To grill smaller fruit outside, use wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for one hour. The recipe comes from Weight Watchers, point value 3.
Top Review by Ducky
I love grilling fruit and this was a wonderful recipe with which to do that. I used bananas, nectarines and either an apricot or a peach (can't rightly remember). I ended up with a can of crushed pineapple rather than pineapple rings so skipped the pineapple. DS loved the bananas and we all loved the hint of cinnamon on the fruit paired with the yogurt.
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 large banana, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 plums, cut in half and pitted
- 1 cup pineapple (about 4 rings)
- 2 apricots or 2 peaches, cut in half and pitted (or both)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fat-free cherry vanilla yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat clean grill, (Spray with pam).
- Mix together sugar and water in a small bowl; heat in microwave until sugar dissolves; Brush syrup on fruit.
- Place fruit on medium-hot grill; Grill, basting with syrup occasionally, until slightly soft with markings from grill, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn and grill other side until quite soft, about 1 minute more, (NOTE: Grill time depends on ripeness of fruit, Keep your eye on it and remove each peice as it is done).
- Remove fruit from grill and sprinkle with cinnamon; serve with a small bowl of yogurt for dip.