Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Gooseberry Patch Hometown Favorites. My husband likes horseradish in his burger. This is a favorite of his.
Top Review by Bergy
Great flavorful burger. I pan fried it because I thought it may be a bit loose to BBQ however I cut the recipe back to one burger and that may be why. I used a Jalapeno pepper inplace of the green pepper. The horseradish is wonderfujl. Served with lettuce cheese, a slice of Daikon, yellow beefsteak tomato and mushrooms. Into my favorite burger cookbook it goes Thanks NurseDi for another keeper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients.
- Shape mixture into 4 hamburger patties.
- Place patties on a prepared grill/direct heat.
- Grill 5 minutes; turn patties over and grill until desired doneness.
- Place patties on buns (toast buns and apply whatever spread you like).