Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Gooseberry Patch Hometown Favorites. My husband likes horseradish in his burger. This is a favorite of his.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients.
- Shape mixture into 4 hamburger patties.
- Place patties on a prepared grill/direct heat.
- Grill 5 minutes; turn patties over and grill until desired doneness.
- Place patties on buns (toast buns and apply whatever spread you like).
Great flavorful burger. I pan fried it because I thought it may be a bit loose to BBQ however I cut the recipe back to one burger and that may be why. I used a Jalapeno pepper inplace of the green pepper. The horseradish is wonderfujl. Served with lettuce cheese, a slice of Daikon, yellow beefsteak tomato and mushrooms. Into my favorite burger cookbook it goes Thanks NurseDi for another keeper
Had problems with maintaining the shape, much as the previous reviewer had. Flavor was very good.
I made these for my dad and he REALLY liked him! I was shocked because he usually doesn't like peppers in anything! He loves horseradish, so naturally he loved these! I had a slight problem with my burgers falling apart, however I think that's because I am horrible at cookin' burgers! I don't think it was recipe-related. Who knows?! Wonderful flavors though! Thank you so much. Will defintely make again!