Recipe by Scoutie
What a wonderful change of pace from the regular sides when we are grilling! These taste soooo good! This is from Down Home With The Neelys.
Top Review by debbieruikka
Excellent! Made this last night with Chipotle Lime Marinated Grilled Pork Chops and a fresh fruit salad. My family raved about this, even the none tomato lovers! I will be making this again very soon. Thanks for posting!!!
- 6 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Cut the tomatoes and core them, removing all the seeds and juice.
- In a medium bowl add the onions, basil, and goat cheese. Mix and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add cooked orzo and combine. Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes. Top the tomatoes with the Parmesan.
- Place the tomatoes directly on the grill with the cover closed and cook for 10 minutes. The juices will begin to run. Remove from grill and place on platter.