Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
What a wonderful change of pace from the regular sides when we are grilling! These taste soooo good! This is from Down Home With The Neelys.
- 6 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Cut the tomatoes and core them, removing all the seeds and juice.
- In a medium bowl add the onions, basil, and goat cheese. Mix and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add cooked orzo and combine. Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes. Top the tomatoes with the Parmesan.
- Place the tomatoes directly on the grill with the cover closed and cook for 10 minutes. The juices will begin to run. Remove from grill and place on platter.
Excellent! Made this last night with Chipotle Lime Marinated Grilled Pork Chops and a fresh fruit salad. My family raved about this, even the none tomato lovers! I will be making this again very soon. Thanks for posting!!!
I scaled the recipe to 3 servings. This recipe is so easy to do. And the taste is amazing. We loved these tomatoes full of flavor. Another cheese would be great also. The tomatoes have to be not too ripe. Cause I used one that was a little bit too ripe and after the bbq it fall down flat on the plate LOL At least I got 2 beautiful for the photo. Thanks Scoutie :) Made for Holiday tag