Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2002. These are really delicious and a great side with grilled meats if you use the smaller "mini" portobellas. They could be a meatless main if you use the larger ones. Enjoy!
- 2⁄3 cup chopped roma tomato
- 1 ounce part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, each about 5-inches around
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, cheese, 1/2 teaspoon oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
- Remove stems and brown gills from mushrooms. Combine 1/2 teaspoon oil, lemon juice and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Brush both sides of mushrooms caps with this mixture.
- Place caps on grill stem sides down. Grill for about 5 minutes, turn and grill 5 minutes more until soft.
- Place 1/4 cup of the tomato mixture in each cap. Close lid on grill and cook for about 3 minutes until cheese melts.
- Note: I like to use the new Sargento shredded cheeses. The mozzarella with sun-dried tomatoes and basil is delicious with these mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Excellent appitizer followed by a mexican meal of avacado quasadilla's and good wine.
These were a nice side dish to our bbq steak.