Recipe by Red Apple Guy
While this would work fine in an oven, I prefer grilled or smoked pork loin. It's a relatively fast cook and flavorful meal especially stuffed with Swiss cheese and fresh spinach.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great pork recipe. I made in the oven as it was 5 deg. and too cold for the KJ. We loved it and look forward to doing it on the grill. I had to use Monterery Jack cheese but made as written. Served with Crispy Parmesan Potato Puffs. Lovely meal.
- 2 lbs boneless center cut pork loin roast
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, sliced
- 2 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano (Mexican if possible)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- make the rub by roasting the corriander in a hot skillet for about 3 minutes or until you can smell the corriander. Grind this and the oregano with a mortar and pestle or spice grinder. Add all other rub ingredients and mix well.
- Rinse and dry the pork loin.
- Using a sharp, long knife cut 1/2 inch above the cutting surface as you roll the loin out. You should have a continuous slab of meat once complete.
- Apply a little rub to the surface.
- layer the spinach over the surface.
- add the cheese.
- roll the pork loin and tie with butcher twine.
- Sprinkle the rub over the outside surface and rub it inches.
- Place it on a grill so that it cooks indirectly and is not directly over the coals. If using propane, cook over the burners not lighted.
- If desired, add smoke wood, chips or a foil packet with wood chips.
- Cook until internal temperature of the meat is 160°F.
- Let the roast rest 15 minutes or so before slicing.