Recipe by Tish
This is not only for Weight Watchers! I love fruit grilled as a side for grilled meat. Hope you all will enjoy it too! If you can't find very ripe pears for this recipe, substitute peaches or plums. To peel hazelnuts, toast them until the papery outer skins crack, cool, then rub gently between your fingers. 3 Points
- 1 medium bartlett pear, very ripe
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 shelled hazelnuts, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 teaspoons unpacked brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons pear juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill.
- Peel, halve and core pear.
- Cut a small slice off the rounded side of each pear half so halves will stand on grill.
- Set pear halves on grill, flat side down; brush with honey.
- Grill 10 minutes on each side, brushing occasionally with honey.
- While pears are grilling, make filling.
- In a small pan, stir together hazelnuts and oats over medium heat until lightly toasted.
- Stir in butter until it melts.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and nectar.
- When pears are hot and tender, spoon filling into centers and serve.