Recipe by Michael Isaza
Grilled mushrooms stuffed with sausage. Delicious outdoor appetizer. Guests will gobble them right up. One of our grilling favorites.
Top Review by Julie Parlier
These mushrooms were great. We had a BBQ and them seem to disappear right off the grill. Many guests had burned tongues from tying to grab off the grill. Great taste and fairly easy to make. We add to my favorites.
- 1 package mushroom
- 1 package Jimmy Dean sausage (I prefer spicy)
- 1 egg
- 12 -14 individual Ritz crackers
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems from the mushroom but save for stuffing.
- Finely chop your vegetables and mushroom stems.
- Cook sausage adding the vegetables and mushroom stems when sausage is almost done.
- Make sure you break up your sausage finely.
- Drain grease and allow to cool a few minutes.
- Crush your crackers (it's easier to do while still in the wrapper) and add to sausage mixture along with 1 egg and seasoning.
- Pack as much of the stuffing into the mushroom cap as will fit.
- Finally, dip the bottom of the mushroom into melted butter and grill until hot.
- Amazing outcome.
- The absolute best outdoor appetizer.