Recipe by Niteflyer
These stuffed jalapeno's with the red pepper sauce are sure to be a hit at your next party. These are always one of the first plates to empty. Making a double batch is always a must. This is an old Bobby Flay recipe that I have made many many times. When I don't feel like grilling the corn I will just use a 10.5 oz can of super crisp sweet corn.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 ounces shredded aged white cheddar cheese
- 2 ears corn, grilled in husk and kernels removed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 jalapenos, peppers- halved stemmed and seeded
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
Grilled Red Pepper-Tomato Sauce
- 2 red peppers, bell- grilled peeled and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, grilled until charred on all sides and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium.
- Whisk together cream cheese and goat cheese in a medium bowl until smooth. Fold in the cheddar, corn and green onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each jalapeno half with about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and sprinkle the top with some of the ancho powder.
- Place on the grill, filling side up and cook until slightly charred and tender about 7-8 minutes. Spoon the red pepper sauce onto a platter and top with jalapenos.
- For the Red Pepper Sauce combine the grilled pepper, tomoatoes, vinegar, honey and cilantro in a food processor and process until smooth. With the motor running, slowly add oil and season with salt and pepper.