1/1 Photo of Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos
weekend cooker's Note:
This recipe is a healthy, fresh alternative to the popular, breaded version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2Cook bacon in a skilletover medium heat until crispy.
- 3Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, and crumble bacon.
- 4Combine bacon, cheeses, and the next 4 ingredients through garlic in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- 5Divide cheese evenly, and fill pepper halves.
- 6Place peppers cheese side up on grill, cover and grill peppers 8 minutes, or until bottoms of peppers are charred, and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- 7Place peppers on serving platter.
- 8Sprinkle with tomato, and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.3
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: