Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is a healthy, fresh alternative to the popular, breaded version.
Make and share this Grilled Stuffed Jalapenos recipe from Food.com.
- 14 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise, and seeded
- 2 slices center-cut bacon
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded tomatoes
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Cook bacon in a skilletover medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, and crumble bacon.
- Combine bacon, cheeses, and the next 4 ingredients through garlic in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Divide cheese evenly, and fill pepper halves.
- Place peppers cheese side up on grill, cover and grill peppers 8 minutes, or until bottoms of peppers are charred, and cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Place peppers on serving platter.
- Sprinkle with tomato, and cilantro.
These were awesome! I've made bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers with just cream cheese/cheddar and those are pretty good. This filling had superior flavor and makes it really easy to fill the jalapenos since everything is mixed together. I made a bunch and froze the extras. Upon cooking the frozen ones, the results were still excellent.
Didn't find these too hot at all...loved them! Made for Football Tag.
These were really nice, just a perfect heat. Delicious