Recipe by JenJenMarie
This is my favorite jalapeno recipe. Friends and family always request this at BBQ's! These jalapenos will not be hot/spicy if prepared properly. Boiling the jalapenos ensures that they are fully done when the bacon is done. The filling tastes the best when prepared a day ahead.
- 12 -24 fresh jalapenos, depending on size
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese or 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 4 -8 slices of thick cut bacon (I use Wrights)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ranch mix, softened cream cheese, and cheddar cheese in small bowl. Refrigerate overnight for flavors to combine.
- Cut stem end off of jalapeno and slice in half lenghtwise. Remove all seeds and white ribbing. I wear latex gloves to do this and use my fingernail through the glove to remove all of the white. The heat is in the white part and the seeds.
- Boil jalapenos in water until they are bright green and partially done, about 5 minutes or so. Be sure to turn on your vent hood, they make you cough when you are boiling them. Drain them and let them cool for a bit.
- Cut each slice of bacon into 3 pieces.
- Place a spoonful of cream cheese mixture in the jalapeno. Wrap slice of bacon around it and secure it with a toothpick.
- Place on gas grill or BBQ pit and cook until bacon is done.
- Serve warm. Cleaning the jalapenos is time consuming but well worth it. They are addicting!