Grilled Stuffed Flank Steak
- Mix bread crumbs, roasted peppers, 2 tbsp oil, capers, parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Butterfly steak. Layer ham, cheese, and seasoned crumbs over the steak.
- Starting with short side, roll and tie steak. Season with salt and pepper, brush with 2 tbsp oil, and refrigerate while heating grill. Steak can be wrapped and refrigerated for 1 day.
- Grill steak over fire until browned on all sides, about 12 minutes. Move steak to cool side of grill and brush with 2 tbsp oil. Cover grill and cook until instant-read thermometer registers 120 degrees, 20 to 30 minutes, rotating and brushing steak every 10 minutes with 1 tbsp oil.
- Transfer steak to cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes. Remove twine and slice steak crosswise into 1/2" thick slices.