Chris Reynolds's Note:
This recipe is from Cook's Country. Wonderful for a summer party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted red pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs flank steaks (frozen about 20 minutes for easier butterflying)
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- 1Mix bread crumbs, roasted peppers, 2 tbsp oil, capers, parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
- 2Season steak with salt and pepper. Butterfly steak. Layer ham, cheese, and seasoned crumbs over the steak.
- 3Starting with short side, roll and tie steak. Season with salt and pepper, brush with 2 tbsp oil, and refrigerate while heating grill. Steak can be wrapped and refrigerated for 1 day.
- 4Grill steak over fire until browned on all sides, about 12 minutes. Move steak to cool side of grill and brush with 2 tbsp oil. Cover grill and cook until instant-read thermometer registers 120 degrees, 20 to 30 minutes, rotating and brushing steak every 10 minutes with 1 tbsp oil.
- 5Transfer steak to cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes. Remove twine and slice steak crosswise into 1/2" thick slices.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Stuffed Flank Steak
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.3
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.2 mg
- Sodium 1022.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 38.0 g