Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from Cook's Country. Wonderful for a summer party.
Make and share this Grilled Stuffed Flank Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped roasted red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs flank steaks (frozen about 20 minutes for easier butterflying)
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 ounces thinly sliced provolone cheese
- Mix bread crumbs, roasted peppers, 2 tbsp oil, capers, parsley, garlic, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
- Season steak with salt and pepper. Butterfly steak. Layer ham, cheese, and seasoned crumbs over the steak.
- Starting with short side, roll and tie steak. Season with salt and pepper, brush with 2 tbsp oil, and refrigerate while heating grill. Steak can be wrapped and refrigerated for 1 day.
- Grill steak over fire until browned on all sides, about 12 minutes. Move steak to cool side of grill and brush with 2 tbsp oil. Cover grill and cook until instant-read thermometer registers 120 degrees, 20 to 30 minutes, rotating and brushing steak every 10 minutes with 1 tbsp oil.
- Transfer steak to cutting board, tent with foil, and let rest 10 minutes. Remove twine and slice steak crosswise into 1/2" thick slices.