Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something that you'd find a in 5 star restaurant. Takes a little work to put together, but, OMG, IT IS WORTH IT!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 8 -10 green onions, white part only,chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, chopped
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Cut a deep pocket into the side of each breast, set aside.
- Saute red peppers, onions, garlic& mushrooms in a little olive oil until soft.
- Open the pocket in the chicken and place vegetable mixture and mozzarella cheese slices (save a little of vegetable mixture to add to marinade).
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Prepare marinade and coat chicken with marinade, let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook on grill (about 10 minutes).
This chicken was quite good. I added fresh basil to the marinade, and included two entire stalks of green onion, since my other recipes used up the rest I had on hand. I agree with the others. I think a sharper, richer cheese would do well in this recipe. I would make it again, but I would have to add some more ingredients to really bring out this recipe's potential. mad for PAC Spring '08
Claudia, these were DELICIOUS! My DH is not the best with chicken breasts on the grill, but he didn't kill these. I've taken a picture of the dish while marinating because I think this dish looks best with all the wonderful colors of the marinade. If someone was looking for a more pungent flavor with the cheese as we were, I would suggest using Asiago.
This recipe wasn't bad, but not the best I've had. I would definitly follow Chippie's advice about using a stronger cheese, and I think just a ting of salsa on top, with another sprinle of some chedder would really get the taste buds going, as I found it a bit dull. If your not into spicy stuff but still want a bit of a zing, I think using dill for an herb would be a better choice.