1/1 Photo of Grilled Strip Steaks and Potatoes With Blue Cheese Butter
Galley Wench's Note:
Another recipe from my favorite cooking magazine, Cook's Illustrated. Perfect for a Father's Day BBQ.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g medium red potatoes, scrubbed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- ground black pepper
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- 44.37 ml crumbled blue cheese
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed through a garlic press (about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 4 (1360.77-1814.36 g) beef strip steaks, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1Combine potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 1/2 quarts cold water in large pot and bring to boil over high heat.
- 2Reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are barely tender, about 6 minutes.
- 3Drain potatoes in colander, being careful not to break them.
- 4Transfer potatoes to rimmed baking sheet coated with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 5Drizzle remaining tablespoon oil over potatoes and season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- 6Light grill and heat until grate is hot, about 5 minutes.
- 7Generously sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and pepper.
- 8Cook, uncovered, over hottest part of grill until well browned on one side, about 3 minutes.
- 9Turn steaks; grill until well browned on second side, 3 minutes.
- 10Once browned, move steaks to cooler part of grill.
- 11Continue grilling, uncovered, to desired doneness, 7 to 8 minutes more for rare (120 degrees on instant-read thermometer), 9 to 10 minutes for medium-rare on rare side (125 degrees), 11 to 12 minutes for medium-rare on medium side (130 degrees), or 12 to 13 minutes for medium (135 to 140 degrees). Remove steaks from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 12Once steaks are moved to cooler part of grill, place potatoes on hotter part.
- 13Cook, turning once, until grill marks appear and potato slices are cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 14While meat and potatoes are cooking on the grill, prepare sauce by beating butter with large fork in medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- 15Add cheese, shallot, parsley, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- 16To serve, place one steak and some of potatoes. Top each steak with 2 tablespoons butter mixture and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Strip Steaks and Potatoes With Blue Cheese Butter
Serving Size: 1 (598 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1202.1
- Calories from Fat 768
- Total Fat 85.3 g
- Saturated Fat 35.0 g
- Cholesterol 266.6 mg
- Sodium 284.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 67.7 g