Recipe by conniecooks
Buy the best steak you can afford for this recipe. It doesn't have to be strip loin but it needs to be the best quality, suitable for the barbecue.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices steaks (1 inch thick)
Blue Cheese Butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Blue Cheese Butter:.
- Mash butter, Stilton cheese, walnuts, and parsley together in a bowl.
- Scrape onto plastic wrap and roll into a log, 5 inches long and refrigerate.
- In large shallow dish whisk oil, vinegar, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper together.
- Add steak, turn to coat evenly and let sit for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate up to four hours.
- Place steak on greased grill preheated to Medium high for about 10 minutes.
- Turn once half way through the cooking time (this is for rare).
- Cut steaks in half crosswise and remove to plate.
- Top each with a few slices of blue cheese butter. Let it melt on them for a minute before serving.
- Refrigerate any left over butter for another use (keeps up to 2 weeks, and is delicious in mashed potatoes or spread on a bagel).