Buy the best steak you can afford for this recipe. It doesn't have to be strip loin but it needs to be the best quality, suitable for the barbecue.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices steaks (1 inch thick)
Blue Cheese Butter
- 1Blue Cheese Butter:.
- 2Mash butter, Stilton cheese, walnuts, and parsley together in a bowl.
- 3Scrape onto plastic wrap and roll into a log, 5 inches long and refrigerate.
- 5In large shallow dish whisk oil, vinegar, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper together.
- 6Add steak, turn to coat evenly and let sit for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate up to four hours.
- 7Place steak on greased grill preheated to Medium high for about 10 minutes.
- 8Turn once half way through the cooking time (this is for rare).
- 9Cut steaks in half crosswise and remove to plate.
- 10Top each with a few slices of blue cheese butter. Let it melt on them for a minute before serving.
- 11Refrigerate any left over butter for another use (keeps up to 2 weeks, and is delicious in mashed potatoes or spread on a bagel).
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Strip Loin With Blue Cheese Butter
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.7
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g