1 hr 20 mins
Most of the prep can be done long in advance. For the grilled strawberries, a grill pan or George Foreman gill may be used for that that one last minute step. An elegant dessert just looking for a special party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.78 ml premium vanilla ice cream
- 22.18 ml medium ground black pepper
- 12 fresh rosemary skewers
- 24 fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 118.29 ml ruby port
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1To make Black Pepper Ice Cream: Place ice cream in refrigerator for about 30 minute or until slightly softened. Gently stir in pepper. Place in freezer until firm.
- 2Make cocoa wafers - or buy prepared chocolate wafers.
- 3Strip leaves from rosemary skewers, leaving 2 to 3 inches of leaves at the top. Thread 4 strawberries halves onto each skewer.
- 4Grill skewers, cut sides down, about 4 minute or until grill marks form.
- 5For each serving, place one 1/2-c. scoop Black Pepper Ice Cream in chilled glass; spear 2 skewers into ice cream. Spoon 1 tablespoons Port Syrup onto ice cream. Garnish with 2 Cocoa Wafers.
- 6To make Port Syrup: In saucepan, simmer port and sugar until reduced to 1/3 cup. Chill.
- 7To make Cocoa Wafers: Cream sugar and butter. Mix in cocoa, vanilla and salt; when smooth, mix in flour just until incorporated. If needed, add up to 2 teaspoons of water to make firm but pliable dough.
- 8Form into a flat disc between 2 pieces of plastic wrap; chill. Roll between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 3/8-inch thickness.
- 9With sharp knife or cookie cutter, cut into leaf shapes about 3 inches long. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake in 325°F oven 10 to 12 minute or just until set; wafers will firm as they cool.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Strawberries With Black Pepper Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 44.3 mg
- Sodium 132.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 3.9 g