Prep 45 mins
Cook 35 mins
Most of the prep can be done long in advance. For the grilled strawberries, a grill pan or George Foreman gill may be used for that that one last minute step. An elegant dessert just looking for a special party.
- 709.78 ml premium vanilla ice cream
- 22.18 ml medium ground black pepper
- 12 fresh rosemary skewers
- 24 fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved
- 118.29 ml ruby port
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml butter
- 29.58 ml cocoa
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 0.25 ml salt
- 78.07 ml all-purpose flour
- To make Black Pepper Ice Cream: Place ice cream in refrigerator for about 30 minute or until slightly softened. Gently stir in pepper. Place in freezer until firm.
- Make cocoa wafers - or buy prepared chocolate wafers.
- Strip leaves from rosemary skewers, leaving 2 to 3 inches of leaves at the top. Thread 4 strawberries halves onto each skewer.
- Grill skewers, cut sides down, about 4 minute or until grill marks form.
- For each serving, place one 1/2-c. scoop Black Pepper Ice Cream in chilled glass; spear 2 skewers into ice cream. Spoon 1 tablespoons Port Syrup onto ice cream. Garnish with 2 Cocoa Wafers.
- To make Port Syrup: In saucepan, simmer port and sugar until reduced to 1/3 cup. Chill.
- To make Cocoa Wafers: Cream sugar and butter. Mix in cocoa, vanilla and salt; when smooth, mix in flour just until incorporated. If needed, add up to 2 teaspoons of water to make firm but pliable dough.
- Form into a flat disc between 2 pieces of plastic wrap; chill. Roll between 2 pieces of plastic wrap to 3/8-inch thickness.
- With sharp knife or cookie cutter, cut into leaf shapes about 3 inches long. Place on parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake in 325°F oven 10 to 12 minute or just until set; wafers will firm as they cool.