Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Saw this made on a Foodtv show. It is so easy and would be great with some ice cream. This is being posted for the strawberry swap.
- 8 large strawberries, whole & cleaned
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- Preheat grill to high.
- Coat strawberries with balsamic vinegar.
- Then roll in the sugar.
- Place on a hot grill to mark, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Delicious! Next time If I have time and energy, I might reduce the balsamic a little bit to make it stick to the strawberries more. Thank you.
I wanted grilled pineapple for supper but did not have any. So we made these instead, delicious we had them over ice cream while still warm. The flavour was wonderful and just to gild the lily a bit, topped it with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
My husband had mixed feelings about these...he didn't want something warm on an already warm day, but I thought they were pretty good. We just served along with our dinner, but I think I'll use the leftovers on vanilla ice cream, as someone else suggested. Nice and easy and certainly a change from the regular strawberries served for dinner.