Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Exotic sounding, isn't? It tastes just good as it sounds. I made this for a date one time and it was a wonderful hit. I got this from "Pacific Passions Cookbook". Steelhead trout looks like Salmon and is a sweet cross between salmon and trout. You can use Salmon if you like it instead of trout
- To make the sauce, combine the vinegar, salt and shallots in a small, non corrodible saucepan.
- Cook over high heat until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Reduce the heat to very low and remove the pan from the heat.
- Whisk in the butter cubes one at a time, making sure each cube is absorbed before adding another. Do not let the sauce boil or it will separate.
- Regulate the heat by moving the pan on and off the burner.
- The sauce will gradually thicken to the consistency of heavy cream.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the lavender leaves.
- Preheat the barbecue to high.
- Salt and pepper the fish.
- Dip both sides in the flour, then into the oil.
- Grill 2-3 minutes on each side until done to your liking.
- Remove from the grill and place on heated plates or a large platter.
- Pour the sauce over the filets and serve immediately.