Ashley U's Note:
Exotic sounding, isn't? It tastes just good as it sounds. I made this for a date one time and it was a wonderful hit. I got this from "Pacific Passions Cookbook". Steelhead trout looks like Salmon and is a sweet cross between salmon and trout. You can use Salmon if you like it instead of trout
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the sauce, combine the vinegar, salt and shallots in a small, non corrodible saucepan.
- 2Cook over high heat until the mixture is reduced by half.
- 3Reduce the heat to very low and remove the pan from the heat.
- 4Whisk in the butter cubes one at a time, making sure each cube is absorbed before adding another. Do not let the sauce boil or it will separate.
- 5Regulate the heat by moving the pan on and off the burner.
- 6The sauce will gradually thicken to the consistency of heavy cream.
- 7Remove from the heat.
- 8Stir in the lavender leaves.
- 9Preheat the barbecue to high.
- 10Salt and pepper the fish.
- 11Dip both sides in the flour, then into the oil.
- 12Grill 2-3 minutes on each side until done to your liking.
- 13Remove from the grill and place on heated plates or a large platter.
- 14Pour the sauce over the filets and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steelhead Trout Fillets With Lavender Butter
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 525.7
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 180.0 mg
- Sodium 190.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 35.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: