Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks, well-trimmed, cut 1 inch thick (approx. 2 pounds)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
Peppery Peach Salsa:
- 1⁄2 cup peach preserves
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, freshly grated
- 1 clove large garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle both sides of beef steaks with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Remove seeds from bell pepper, leaving pepper whole. Place steaks and bell pepper on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, 15 to 18 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Grill bell pepper 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- While steaks continue to cook, cut four 1/2-inch thick rings from bell pepper; set aside for garnish.
- Coarsely chop enough remaining bell pepper to make 1/4 cup.
- In small saucepan, combine the 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper with salsa ingredients.
- Place on grid near edge of grill to heat until warm.
- Approximately 5 minutes before steaks are done, remove 2 tablespoons salsa from saucepan and brush on both sides of steaks.
- To serve, place 1 bell pepper ring on each steak; fill rings with warm salsa.
- Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1/4 of recipe). Tip: To broil, place steaks and bell pepper on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inche s from heat. Broil bell pepper 5 minutes; remove and proceed as directed above. Broil steaks 13 to 17 minutes, turning once; approx.
- 5 minutes before steaks are done, brush both sides with 2 tablespoons salsa.
I used a different cut of meat (more calories!), but the Peppery Peach Salsa is so tasty you can easily use the leaner cut recommended in the recipe. The salsa is also wonderful on pork and chicken!