Recipe by *Pixie*
Now that the weather is getting colder, the indoor grill (George Foreman grill or whatever you call it is getting used again)...
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 4 boneless beef strip steaks, 1 inch thick about 2 lbs
- 1 lb mushroom, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat indoor (ie George Foreman type) grill.
- Mix salt and pepper and sprinkle over both sides of the steaks.
- Grill the steaks to desired doneness, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a nonstick pan and add the mushrooms and onions.
- Cook until tender, 7 minutes or so.
- Stir in wine, broth, thyme and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch and water.
- Add some of the liquid from the pan and stir to make a thin paste.
- Mix the paste into the boiling liquid and stir until thickened to desired thickness.
- Reduce heat to minimum.
- Before serving, mix in the parsley.
- To serve pour the mushroom gravy over steaks, good with mashed potatoes.