Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
From Southern Living. This recipe won top honors at the National Beef Cook-Off. The SL cooking staff served the cheese sauce in hollowed out lemon halves.
- 158.51 ml balsamic vinaigrette
- 59.14 ml fig preserves
- 4 (680.38-907.18 g) boneless beef chuck steaks
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 184.27 g containerbuttery spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (Alouette Garlic and Herb Spreadable cheese)
- Add vinaigrette and preserves to a blender; process until smooth.
- Place steaks and vinaigrette mixture in a shallow dish or large zip-lock freezer bag; cover or seal and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade and thow away marinade.
- Grill steaks, covered with grill lid, over med-high heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Remove to a serving platter and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper; keep warm.
- Heat cheese in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently for 2-4 minutes or until melted.
- Serve cheese sauce with steaks.