Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Our grocery store cooks featured items and I happened to taste this "out of this world" steak there. I got the recipe, made a few changes, like adding the garlic to the butter, and made it that night. My husband stated, "This is the way you should cook steak from now on." Add a tossed salad and you've got a great meal.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, garlic and 1/2 package of mushroom gravy mix.
- Mix well or put in a food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Chill butter in refrigerator while preparing steak.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine steak sauce, Merlot, and steak seasoning.
- Place steak in a pan and coat with half of mixture.
- Use the other half to baste meat with.
- There is no marinating time, but while the grill heats and the table gets set, I leave the steaks in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat grill and grill steaks about 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Baste with remaining wine steak sauce mixture.
- Cut each steak into 4 serving portions and top each portion with 1 heaping tablespoon of Garlic/Mushroom butter.