Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Our grocery store cooks featured items and I happened to taste this "out of this world" steak there. I got the recipe, made a few changes, like adding the garlic to the butter, and made it that night. My husband stated, "This is the way you should cook steak from now on." Add a tossed salad and you've got a great meal.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 (3/4 ounce) packagedried mushroom gravy mix (you'll only need 1/2 the package)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup merlot
- 1⁄2 cup steak sauce (I recommend A-1 Steak Sauce)
- 2 (1 1/2 lb) boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter, garlic and 1/2 package of mushroom gravy mix.
- Mix well or put in a food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Chill butter in refrigerator while preparing steak.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine steak sauce, Merlot, and steak seasoning.
- Place steak in a pan and coat with half of mixture.
- Use the other half to baste meat with.
- There is no marinating time, but while the grill heats and the table gets set, I leave the steaks in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat grill and grill steaks about 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Baste with remaining wine steak sauce mixture.
- Cut each steak into 4 serving portions and top each portion with 1 heaping tablespoon of Garlic/Mushroom butter.
This was a great recipe. I sliced the steak into strips instead as I don't have a BBQ and don't like using the oven for grilling. I also added a small sliced onion and a can of drained mushrooms and served over noodles. Thanks for the recipe.
Oops, let me try this again. The recipe was excellent!! I doubled the portions for a larger family, had plenty of the butter left over for eggs, toast, or more steak!