Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this from my daughter, she picked it up in Greece. Not sure if its authentic, but we love it. I like it for picnics and potlucks in the summer, or you could use an indoor grill for the winter.
- 1⁄2 cup steak sauce or 1⁄2 cup HP steak sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin or 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 cups Greek yogurt, plain
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill or 1⁄4 cup use 1 tbsp dried dill
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled, sliced very thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 6 pita pockets, cut in half
- Mix sauce, 2 tbsp lemon juice, oil and 1/2 tsp garlic powder in small bowl.
- Pour about 1/4 cup over steak in ziplock bag and seal.
- Marinate 30 to 60 minutes in refridgerator.
- Heat grill to medium and add steak. Grill each side about 5 to 7 minutes, depending on thickness, to a medium doneness.
- While cooking add remaining sauce to yogert and dill.
- Add cucumber and onion, mix lightly.
- Remove steak, and allow to rest at least 10 minutes on cutting board.
- Slice steak against grain in slices no more then 1/4 inch thick.
- Layer steak with cucumber sauce in the pitas adding lettace or tomato slices if you wish.