Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chicago Trib, 'Good Eating' section.
- 2 (12 ounce) beef sirloin strip steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 whole chives (to garnish) (optional)
- Prepare grill or grillpan for high heat. Season steaks with 1/2 teaspoons of the salt and pepper to taste. Grill until brown on one side, 5 minutes. Turn; grill to desired doneness, about 5 more minutes for medium. Let steak rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine green onions, tomatoes, cheese, walnuts, olive oil, minced chives and remaining 1/2 teaspoons of salt in a medium bowl with a fork until ingredients are evenly coated with olive oil. Serve steak, splitting each steak into 2 servings, topped with salsa and whole chives.