Recipe by Chef Shadows
Shadows : This great steak recipe includes an excellent sauce that can turn any steak into something fantastic. I suggests using garlic stuffed green olives , this recipe is great for venison also.
- 4 (680.38 g) beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/4 inch thick
- 236.59 ml beef broth
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced shallot (or chopped onion)
- 118.29 ml black olives or 118.29 ml green olives, sliced
- 118.29 ml port wine
- 59.14 ml crumbled Stilton cheese
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 0.59 ml dried chipotle powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until sauce has reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile season steaks with salt, chipotle powder and pepper.
- Grill or broil until cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in olives, cheese and thyme.
- Arrange steaks on warm plates and top with sauce.