1/3 Photos of Grilled Steak With Olive and Stilton Cheese Sauce
Chef Shadows's Note:
Shadows : This great steak recipe includes an excellent sauce that can turn any steak into something fantastic. I suggests using garlic stuffed green olives , this recipe is great for venison also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallot (or chopped onion)
- 1/2 cup black olives or 1/2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/4 cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1Heat butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3Add broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until sauce has reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes).
- 5Meanwhile season steaks with salt, chipotle powder and pepper.
- 6Grill or broil until cooked to desired doneness.
- 7Remove sauce from heat and stir in olives, cheese and thyme.
- 8Arrange steaks on warm plates and top with sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak With Olive and Stilton Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.9
- Calories from Fat 426
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.8 g
- Cholesterol 134.9 mg
- Sodium 806.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 33.3 g