Recipe by Chef Shadows
Shadows : This great steak recipe includes an excellent sauce that can turn any steak into something fantastic. I suggests using garlic stuffed green olives , this recipe is great for venison also.
- 4 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, 1 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced shallot (or chopped onion)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives or 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add broth and wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until sauce has reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes).
- Meanwhile season steaks with salt, chipotle powder and pepper.
- Grill or broil until cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in olives, cheese and thyme.
- Arrange steaks on warm plates and top with sauce.