Recipe by Quest4ZBest
This is a real easy basic way to serve steak, but it tastes great and is so beautiful to serve. I like to make sure I add just a little fresh mint in my herb mixture it adds an interesting flavor. I also like using fresh parsley and cilantro (cheaper herbs!) and just sprinkling in a little dried tarragon and basil. Pretty much any combination is fine. Use what you like! I use boneless thin cut ribeye (if the cuts are too thick have your butcher cut them in half for you). This recipe is from Bon Appetit Magazine.
- 32 ounces rib eye steaks or 32 ounces skirt steaks
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion (about 2)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup assorted chopped fresh herb (such as parsley, tarragon, mint, basil, and cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk green onions, lemon juice, vinegar, and mustard in medium bowl.
- Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup olive oil, then herbs.
- Prepare barbecue (medium/high).
- Sprinkle steaks generously with salt and pepper and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Grill steaks until cooked to desired doneness (I like to cook about 6 minutes per side).
- Transfer steaks to platter and let rest 5 minute.
- Spoon herb mixture over steaks and serve.