Recipe by ellie_
I thought this sounded like a wonderful way to grill steak and also a great way to use garden herbs. This recipe can be adapted to how many steaks you have or how many you need to serve. This has to marinate in refrigerator overnight (not included in prep time), so plan ahead. Recipe source: The Artist in the Kitchen
Top Review by 3KillerBs
I have a gas grill so I watched this recipe almost fall off the tag game's list until I decided to see if I could balance the herbs on the burner guards to create the aromatic smoke. It worked and created a lovely, subtle flavor. However, the sprinkling of herbs and wine didn't do an adequate job of tenderizing the chuck steak. Perhaps I didn't use enough? The toughness and having had to guess on all the quantities is all that kept it from getting 5 stars. :-)
- 1 steak (sirloin, flank or chuck)
- thyme, chopped
- mint, chopped
- madeira wine
- sage leaf (fresh)
- rosemary sprig (fresh)
- pine needles
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle steak(s) on both sides with thyme, mint, pepper and Madeira.
- Wrap steaks in foil and refrigerate under a heavy weight overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare charcoal grill.
- When coals are hot, toss a handful of mint, sage, rosemary, thyme and pine needles on top of coals.
- Grill steak(s) to desired degree of doneness.