Recipe by Mindi Righter
This is a recipe that I developed that is fairly low in carbs and has a great flavor. You could substitute the Gorgonzola with any blue veined cheese or even Feta.
Top Review by YumBean
This recipe sounded delicious, but I must have done something wrong because it ruined my steak. I used a sauvignon blanc, and the sauce never thickened. Also, the steak ended up being overpowered by the taste of alcohol. Anyone else try it and love it? Maybe I used the wrong wine or the wrong brand of gorgonzola?
- 2 (12 ounce) strip steaks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- fresh basil (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to Taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan, melt 3Tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Next stir in 1/2 cup of white cooking wine and then add the heavy whipping cream and Garlic.
- Add Fresh Basil and fresh gouund pepper to taste.
- Cook sauce down for 10- 15 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
- Grill Steaks about 30 seconds on each side to sear in juices, then reduce heat to medium and cook until desired degree of doneness is reached (approximately 10 minutes- depending on steak thickness and how well done you like your steak).
- Place steaks onto plates.
- Sprinkle half the gorgonzola over each steak and then cover with the hot cream sauce.