Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's amazing what this butter does for steak. I would have never believed it had I not tried it. We always have a big green salad to cancel out the fat from putting butter on our steak! ha ha! It is SO good though!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 lbs beef top sirloin steaks
- salt and pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Chop the garlic finely. Sprinkle a little salt over the garlic and continue to chop it, occasionally smashing and smearing the garlic with the flat side of the knife, until the garlic becomes pastelike.
- Put the garlic paste, butter, thyme, and a pinch of pepper in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of each steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- When done, transfer to warmed plates.
- Brush tops liberally with garlic butter, and allow to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.