From Jewish Living Magazine, December, 2007. "Chimichurri is an Argentinian garlic-herb sauce that pairs perfectly with grilled meats. It's easy to prepare, and any leftover sauce is excellent on chicken or a burger." Note- the sauce may be made up to one week ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Just bring to room temperature before serving. I have this copied here for safe keeping but haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs steak, London broil and rib eye work well
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, plus
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups flat-leaf Italian parsley, stems removed, 1 bunch
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika, preferably smoked
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper, 5 grindings from a mill
- 1With a sharp knife, score the meat in a crisscross pattern, 6-8 times per side.
- 2The cuts should be shallow, no more than 1/4 inch deep.
- 3Place meat in a 9x13-inch baking dish and drizzle 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil over the meat and let this marinate while you prepare the sauce.
- 4To prepare the sauce, combine remaining vinegar and oil, parsley, garlic, shallot, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and the pepper in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- 5Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- 6Pat steaks dry with paper towels and then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and cook 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- 7Let steaks rest for 5 minutes, then cut them into thin slices on an angle, across the grain.
- 8Drizzle with the chimichurri sauce on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.8
- Calories from Fat 618
- Total Fat 68.6 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 476.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 44.6 g