Recipe by PanNan
This is a quick and easy recipe with a spicy flavor. It's great served with corn that has been seasoned with cilantro and lime juice and also a nice green salad.
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, with
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (all from the can)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2 lb) beef top round steak, 1 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Pan-roast garlic- toss garlic into a small, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes, turning cloves once.
- Uncover; cook 3- 5 minutes more, turning occasionally, until skins are lightly charred and cloves can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Let stand until cool, then peel.
- Finely chop garlic and chiles; transfer mixture to a cup.
- Stir in adobo sauce, lime juice and honey.
- Brush 1 tsp oil and sprinkle 1/4 tsp salt on each side of steak.
- Heat a large (10") grill-pan skillet over medium heat, 2 minutes.
- Arrange steak in pan; spoon half of chile mixture over top.
- Grill steak 5- 7 minutes, turn and spread remaining chile mixture on top of steak; grill 5- 7 minutes.
- Add broth to skillet; reduce heat to medium.
- Turn steak and gril 5- 10 minutes more, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of steak registers 135 F for medium rare.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board, let stand 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice, serve with pan sauce.