Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty addition to the BBQ'd Steak
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 mushrooms, minced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns, slightly crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine or 1 cup dry red wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs rib eye steaks (cut into 8 serving pieces, or any suitable steak for grilling)
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms,shallots, peppercorns, garlic and wine and simmer until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Let cool, Using a wire whisk, mix in remaining butter Season with salt & pepper to taste. Chill.
- Grill steaks on BBQ to desired doneness, serve a dollop of butter mixture on each.