Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Life's Ambrosia.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flat iron steaks
- 1 avocado, skin and pit removed, diced
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lime, juice of
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Rub all over the steak.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cook steak about 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a plate and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice steak and spoon avocado sauce over the top. Serve.