1/1 Photo of Grilled Steak Tacos With Chipotle Cream and Chimichurri
Nancy's Pantry's Note:
Recipe from Cooking Channel - Kelsey Nixon. Haven't tried it, but it sounds so delicious! A great Tex-Mex recipe with a Cilantro Chimichurri twist. Prep time does not include marinating time for meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Chimichurri
- 1 small bunch fresh cilantro (leaves only)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- fresh lime juice (juice from 1 1/2 limes)
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
For the Chipotle Cream
For the Tacos
- 1For the Chimichurri: While the steak rests, place the cilantro leaves, onion, 4 cloves garlic, juice of 1 lime, and 1/3 cup vinegar to a blender and puree until combined. With the blender on low speed, drizzle in the 1/4 cup olive oil in a low stream. Remove the sauce from the blender and stir in the red pepper flakes and salt to taste.
- 2For the Chipotle Cream: Combine the sour cream, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, juice of 1/2 lime, and a pinch of salt.
- 3Place the steak, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons each olive oil and red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, and dijon mustard in a resealable bag. Rub the ingredients into the meat and place in the refrigerator to marinate 2 hours.
- 4After 2 hours, remove the meat from the bag and pat dry to remove any excess moisture. Lightly season both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 5Spray an indoor, stovetop grill with nonstick cooking spray and preheat on medium-high heat. Place the steak on the preheated grill and grill about 6 minutes per side for medium rare. After grilling the steak, cover with tented foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak Tacos With Chipotle Cream and Chimichurri
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 777.0
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 119.0 mg
- Sodium 539.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo