Recipe by Sue Lau
This can be broiled or cooked on the grill. Forget about Taco Bell's grilled steak carne asada soft tacos when you can make much better at home!
Top Review by Laylagirl
These were FABULOUS!! Wowie!! The marinade was slightly different from what we are used to but we liked it so much. The citrus flavor was mild but I could taste it--delicious. We assembled them like you mapped out except I had some chopped avocado to add in. Everyone got quiet because we were munching down on these tacos. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 20 ounces top sirloin steaks
For the Marinade
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
For the Tacos
- 10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ingredients for marinade in a small bowl.
- Place steak in a dish or plastic bag and pour marinade over it and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
- Bring steak out of refrigerator 1 hour before cooking.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Drain the meat, saving the marinade.
- Grill meat 3-4 minutes per side (for med-rare), basting occasionally with marinade, or cook longer if desired.
- Slice meat thinly and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in a towel and warm in a microwave; or if desired, warm briefly in a skillet and then wrap in a towel to keep warm.
- To assemble taco, place approximately 2 ounces of meat, 1/4 cup lettuce, 2 tbsp cheese, 1 tbsp sour cream, a small amount of tomatoes and some taco sauce on each tortilla.
- Serve immediately.